The cooler months are the perfect time to start treating our skin with more advanced modalities, like peels, needling and IPL. It's also a great opportunity to look at the other exposed areas of our body and work out a plan for rejuvenation. Our hands and decolletage are two areas that are often overlooked while we do our daily skincare.
Here are our five top tips for looking after and reversing the signs of ageing for your hands:
1. Washing and sanitising your hands is a no-brainer in 2022, however choosing handwash that is a little more gentle and moisturising will do wonders. Look for moisture enhanced wash next time you're topping up your washroom supplies.
2. Exfoliation is key to keeping your skin cells turning over and stimulating new cellular growth on the backs of your hands. Every time you use your liquid exfoliant on your face, pop some on the backs of your hands too. These are our favourites :)
3. When applying your serums and lipids to your face, apply the residue to the backs of your hands, or treat them separately if you're wanting to reverse the signs of ageing. The most beneficial ingredients will be a good quality vitamin C and vitamin A complex serum for brightening and strengthening your skin.
4. SPF- Keep a mini sunscreen in your bag for the drive home from work, the school pick up, or every time you hop into the car! Apply 20minutes before and be sure to wipe off the excess on your palms for driving safety!
5. In-Salon treatments- nothing beats an intensive treatment to stimulate collagen and elastin, increasing the density of your skin as well as blasting pigmentation with some light therapies. Ask your therapist to add an IPL Rejuvenation to your hands ($105) or our Hand & Arm Treatment ($39) to exfoliate and hydrate your skin.
We look forward to seeing you at Boheme soon!
Yours in happy and healthy skin,
Kim & The Team x